Many computers are not optimized for video viewing because they havent had a monthly tune up. That means the best plays may be missed by computers freezing, crashing, or becoming sluggish.
To improve your computer’s performance, install utilities software, like PC Tools Registry Mechanic, to clean up your system. With regular use, you can improve your computer performance, get a faster boot-up time, better processing of your favorite programs and avoid computer crashes and freezes. It’s easy to download and install improvement programs or you can buy them from your local retailer.
FIVE SIGNS YOUR COMPUTER NEEDS A TUNE UP
Identifying when your computer needs a tune up can be unreliable. Here are five situations that help you to know it may be time.
1. Slow boot-up when you start your computer
2. Computer freezes at frequent intervals, possibly including a blue screen
3. If you double click on software or software shortcuts and nothing happens or you get “invalid shortcut.”
4. Common programs running sluggishly with a delay in mouse movement.
5. Crashes and error messages
NINE TIPS FOR COMPUTER PERFORMANCE
In addition to utility software, there are simple things one can do to improve a computer’s performance.
1. Don’t install software. Frequent installs and uninstalls will hurt your registry.
2. Empty the Recycle Bin. Files that you delete from your computer are still stored in your recycle bin and will continue to take up a valuable hard drive space.
3. Shut down your computer through Windows. Simply turning off the power without letting your computer save its settings will cause registry errors.
4. Uninstall unused programs. The more programs you have installed the slower your system will become. You need to use the “Uninstall” command in the Add/Remove program feature in the Control Panel. You cant remove a program just by deleting its folder and files.
5. Back up your registry. You dont want to lose all your settings if your registry is damaged. Registry Mechanic has the feature built in so it is automatic.
6. “Defrag” your computer regularly. Each time you work with a file your computer stores changes in a different place on the hard disk. A defragmentation tool in Registry Mechanic will bring all the fragmented files together for faster file access and reduced load on your computer. You can also do it yourself by right clicking on hard drive, choosing “properties” ”tools “and “defragment now”.
7. Delete Temporary Internet Files. When you visit a new website its content is stored on your PC and takes up hard drive space. Go to “Tools”, then “Options” as each browser is a bit different, click through tabs to find an option of deleting temporary files and cookies.
8. Ensure automatic Windows® Updates is turned on. You can turn this feature on via the Control Panel and then click on Automatic Updates to configure the settings
9. Schedule regular anti-virus & anti-spyware scans with your AntiVirus or Internet Security software (quick scan daily, full scan weekly). Computer viruses and spyware can take over your computers memory and slow performance.
Of course at least every month, you should still use a utility product with a registry cleaner such as PC Tools’ Registry Mechanic to improve your computers performance, boot-up time, and speed when it comes to starting programs. If you dont clean your registry regularly, you will eventually be forced to reformat your hard drive to prevent your computer from constantly crashing and freezing. Reformatting your hard drive is a time-consuming process which involves deleting everything on your hard drive and reinstalling all of your software, causing you to lose all of your settings. Using utility software monthly, including antivirus protection scans, is a type of preventive medicine to reduce the need for that approach.